Attorneys & Counselors at Law
* PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR NEGLIGENCE
- Auto/Truck/Bicycle/Bus Accidents
- Airline/Train Accidents
- Lack of Safety in Public and Schools
- Work and/or Job Related Injuries
- Nursing Home and/or Hospital Abuse/Neglect
- Wrongful Death/Brain Damage/Broken Bones
- Police Misconduct and/or Brutality
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Elevators & Stairways
- Assault & Rape Victims
- Pedestrian Knockdown
- Dog Bites
- Defective Products and/or Products Liability
- Civil Rights Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment & Hostile Work Environment
- Scaffold & Ladder Accidents
- Building & Sidewalk Accidents
- Fire & Explosion Cases
- Negligent Supervision and/or Hiring
- Negligent Security
- Medical Malpractice
- False Arrest and/or Imprisonment
- Lead Paint Poisoning
- Toxic Chemical Exposure
- Construction Accidents
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Age Discrimination
* CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- White Collar Fraud, Embezzlement, RICO, Medicare/Medicaid and/or No Fault Fraud, Drug Offenses including Conspiracy, Possession, Sales, Manufacturing and Transportation
- Murder: All Degrees, Voluntary Manslaughter, Involuntary Manslaughter, Vehicular Manslaughter, Negligent Homicide
- Weapon/Firearm Charges; Possession, Sales and/or Conspiracy
- Assault, Battery, Assault With a Dangerous Weapon and Other Crimes of Violence
- Arson, Vandalism, Criminal Mischief and All Other Property Crimes
- Theft Charges, Employee Theft, Burglary, Robbery, Petty Theft
- Rape, Sexual Assault, Sexual Acts Involving Minors and All Other Sex Offenses
- Domestic Violence, Spousal Abuse, Temporary/Permanent Restraining Orders
- Money Laundering, Insurance Fraud, Mail Fraud, Wire Fraud
- Grand Jury Proceedings
- Motions to Withdraw Guilty Pleas, Motions to Terminate Probation
- Defense Pre-sentence reports
- Probation Violations, Parole Hearings, Sentencing Hearings
- Extortion, Bribery, Gambling
- DUI/DWI - Driving While Impaired and/or Under The Influence
- Securities Fraud
- Computer Crimes
- State and Federal Criminal Appeals
- Civil lawsuits related to criminal matters: false arrest, false imprisonment, police brutality.
* FAMILY/MARITAL LAW
We are sensitive to the needs of our clients and understand that every case is unique and must be approached individually. We work closely with our clients to achieve their particular goals, providing seasoned counsel in meeting present and future financial needs, and in resolving all issues concerning children, alimony, prenuptial agreements, child custody, child support, medical coverage, education expenses, and equitable distribution of property. Our experience and knowledge of divorce law allow us to confidently guide our clients through the legal process. Because your divorce involves crucial issues that will affect your financial security, your emotional health and the future of your children, it is essential that you obtain the services of an experienced and aggressive law firm who will be willing and able to protect and advise you of your rights.
* COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Extensive experience in the full gambit of civil litigation from general equity, to commercial, disputes as both plaintiff and defendant; litigate contract matters including specific performance, damages claims, breach of exclusive distribution, supply agreements and unfair competition claims; represent various clients and/or corporations in defense of various lawsuits commenced against them for Breach of Contract, personal injury and/or negligence, etc. represent plaintiffs and/or defendants in all types of personal injury/accident claims, with a unique, aggressive and well known style, libel, slander and/or defamation of character disputes (both plaintiff/defendant). Breach of contract actions; product liability cases, shareholder disputes; partnership; employment and franchise termination, real estate and construction disputes, regulatory agency matters, tortuous interference with contract, civil RICO, etc.
- Commercial Litigation
Baron Associates P.C. handles cases in all areas of commercial litigation and regularly appear in the Commercial Parts of the New York State Supreme Court All Counties and in Federal Court, as well as in forums for alternative dispute resolution and/or arbitration.
The firm has represented clients in lawsuits involving: breach of contract and warranty, the so-called "business torts": fraud, negligent misrepresentation, interference with contracts and prospective business opportunities, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, business defamation and disparagement, and conversion, corporate shareholder and partnership disputes, construction disputes, RICO, and in matters involving the enforcement of restrictive employment and non-competition covenants, "golden parachute" agreements and exclusive dealing arrangements.
- Premises Liability
Baron Associates P.C. serves as counsel in cases involving allegations of personal injury and property damage from premises defects, negligence and criminal activity. We may represent commercial and residential property owners and possessors in a wide array of matters involving premises claims, including, but not limited to, wrongful death, labor law claims, assaults, marine accidents, negligent supervision, false imprisonment, defamation, dram-shop claims, exposure to lead paint, mold and asbestos, and roadway design and maintenance claims, etc..
- Real Estate
The transfer of real property can lead to an array of disputes among purchasers, sellers, title companies, realtors and other interested parties. Among the types of matters we have handled are purchase, sale, and specific performance suits, litigation involving construction, cooperative and condominiums, commercial leases, foreclosures, site development, environmental, title, boundary and adverse possession, land and real property appraisals, arbitrations, brokerage commission and liability disputes, and fraud etc.
* CONSTRUCTION LAW
Ongoing representation of contractors and many building trades with reference to business issues including quality delay claims, public bidding contracts litigators, collection matters and third party claims; Representing plaintiffs and/or defendantâ€™s in personal injury - labor law claims, represent architects, civil engineers and builders in construction litigation matters, including product liability and construction design malpractice, contract negotiation, litigation of construction disputes in court, arbitration of construction disputes, assistance with competitive bidding disputes, prevailing wage issues, mechanics liens, etc.
* APPELLATE LITIGATION
Our firm handles the full gambit of civil and criminal appellate litigation with attorney admissions in most appellate courts through the United States Supreme Court.
Baron Associates, P.C. provides a wide range of appellate services. The firm has the capability to provide full briefing and oral argument in any appellate setting in most substantive areas of law. The Appellate Practice excels in isolating and developing key legal issues, and is often called upon to take a fresh look at a litigation problem at the appellate stage. The firm advises larger clients on the development of a coordinated nationwide litigation strategy for the pursuit of desired legal results and minimization of litigation risks. The firm is also frequently engaged to render legal opinions on constitutional and federal statutory issues to guide client conduct, and/or compliance.
- Employment Discrimination Litigation Baron Associates P.C. attorneys have successfully defended employers in high profile, complex and novel litigations involving race, sex, age, disability and religious discrimination. We have also represented employers involving sexual harassment, retaliation and other employment-related claims. Our attorneys have vigorously defended claims before the federal and state courts and before federal and state agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York Division of Human Rights.
When retained, Baron Associates P.C. also represents employees in discrimination actions including sexual harrassment, hostile work environment, etc.
Baron Associates P.C. is regularly involved in non-compete, non-solicitation and breach of confidentiality litigations in federal and state court. These litigations have involved such issues as computer piracy, theft of trade secrets, intellectual property disputes and breaches of non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements.
- Wrongful Discharge, Breach of Contract & Defamation Litigations
Baron Associates P.C. has represented employers in claims of wrongful discharge, breaches of employment agreements, fiduciary duty, and in negligent hiring, wages, benefits and defamation claims in federal and state court, as well as in arbitrations.
* PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY
Baron Associates P.C. is devoted to the representation of lawyers, healthcare practitioners, accountants, architects, engineers, surveyors, insurance brokers, real estate appraisers, real estate agents and brokers, investment advisors, public officials and other professionals in connection with claims for professional liability.
Our attorneys take an aggressive approach in pursuing early dismissal of every case, saving clients substantial amounts on both indemnity defense costs as well as unnecessary aggravation. Through the early evaluation of cases, we have successfully identified claims for settlement at a point in the case's development when substantial savings are realized for our clients on defense costs, as well as on discounted settlements.
* INTERNATIONAL LAW
General counsel to various international trading companies engaged in the manufacture, importation and sale of products from Europe and the Pacific rim and are fully familiar with all aspects of international sourcing and sale of goods; have negotiated various joint ventures, manufacturing and distribution agreements, exclusivity arrangements and counter trade transactions with business entities in the former U.S.S.R. and U.S.A., as well as Trinidad and Tobago dealing with financing, banking; offshore corporations, privatization, joint ventures; export/import transactions; technology development and licensing, customs practice, export regulation, international construction, international business transactions, international dispute resolution, international energy practice, international trade remedies, international intellectual property, etc.
2509 Avenue U
Brooklyn NY 11229
Tel: 718 934-6501